Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The most beautiful resort I have ever seen: Temple Tree !

The Bon Ton Resort is my personal love affair since I came here to Langkawi in November 2005. Whenever I need a personal getaway, or want to celebrate a special event, the Bon Ton is my choice. Nothing relaxes me more than sipping a glass of red for a sundowner and see the birds flying back home over the lagoon for the night. The restaurant has never disappointed me and the simple but stylish atmosphere speaks right to my soul.



Now Narell, the Australian lady owner of the Bon Ton, has even topped herself. Within a year she has built a new resort just in the backyard of the Bon Ton: Temple Tree. It is named after the Chinese temple tree that has been on the resort%26#39;s grounds for many years and has now become the centerpiece of the estate. Yesterday I had a chance to visit this new boutique resort and I would love to move into one of these houses right away! Narell followed the style of the Bon Ton as she bought these 6 traditional %26#39;kampung%26#39; houses all over Malaysia; each building represents different states in the country of Malay, Chinese, Indian and Eurasian origins. Each villa is around 100 to 150 years old and walking into the resort is like stepping into an actual %26#39;kampung%26#39; surrounded by rich Malaysian heritage and history. Each building was uprooted from its original location, carefully dismantled and then reassembled at the Temple Tree Estate. The interiors are decorated with a balance of vintage and contemporary chic furniture and furnishings while some rooms even feature a flat-screen TV, a projector room, a games room, a bar or even a pool table. Having dinner in the restaurant makes you feel as if you stay in a lovely private home.



The balance between rustic wood and modern amenities is just perfect! This little jewel of a resort is unique and you might have forgotten all the beautiful hotels or resorts that you have enjoyed in your life but you will never forget the Temple Tree if you stayed there!



The most beautiful resort I have ever seen: Temple Tree !


Hi Eva





Sounds gorgeous. I really must try to visit Bon Ton on my next trip. Baskie drove me round the grounds so I could have a peek but not the same as an actual visit.



Unfortunately I would want to adopt all the dogs - so perhaps a visit is not such a good idea!



Have a good Christmas.





Lesley



The most beautiful resort I have ever seen: Temple Tree !


Dear Lesley,



I hope not too far away from now you will not only be a destination expert but one of us - an expatriate living here on this beautiful island!



Temple Tree can not be compared to Berjaya - which is YOUR personal love affair, I know - or any other resort here - not even with the Bon Ton itself. I am sure you will love it. We%26#39;ll have a dinner there for the ';Destination Experts'; when you come back.



By the way - do you have to wait until next October?



Eva




To whom it my concern:



The above mentioned resort has a website by now. Please check it out. It is already impressive what you see there but - believe me - the reality is even better!



Eva





http://www.templetree.com.my




Hi Eva,





What can I say but ..... It%26#39;s very Malaysian!!! Shows how rich the culture and heritage Malaysia has got to offer.





Well done!!!!







Affendy




Dear Affendy,



Langkawi can be indeed proud to have such a juwel of a resort! see you soon!



Eva




Hi Eva



Although Berjaya is our favourite I have to agree that Temple Tree looks absolutely stunning (from web site)



Well done Narell!





We shall definitely be paying a visit on our return in June.





Mick




Dear Mick,



the Berjaya surely is very nice (must be as Lesley is addicted to it!) and a class on its own. The location closed to the jungle and the beach is really nice.



Temple Tree is a different world. You go in one of the houses and just don%26#39;t want to leave anymore!



As you will come back, ask them to show you around. And maybe have dinner or a t least a sun downer at the Bon Ton!



Have a great time wherever you are.



Eva




Looks wonderful, Narell has done a terrific job. Such detail.





Love it.




Yesterday I had my first dinner at Temple Tree!



The house where the restaurant is situated appears more like a privately owned house and the setting is just amazing! The food came from the restaurant of the Bon Ton and was just miraculous as always. As much as I understood, the Temple Tree will have its own chef from next week onwards.



We had a set up 4 course dinner and it was just superb! It started with a delicious tomato soup followed by one of the very best salads I have ever had. Can you imagine that the combined it with spiced fried pears? Just yummy! Next course was a combination of beef and chicken. I am not much of a meat eater but the caramelized peanut topping was beyond my vocabulary. Not to mention the desert which was kind of combination of apple and guava combined with vanilla ice cream.



Luckily my neighbor had a too big lunch a few hours before and I could spoil myself with her portion.



This dinner costs 140 Ringgit per head, sure not cheap but absolutely worth it!



Today I am on a fruit fasting.



For a special treat and an unforgettable memory a dinner at this restaurant is a great experience, that much is guaranteed!



Eva




Wow !!!





Shame on me...I myself a Malaysian but never really embraced the West Coast Islands like langkawi..





I always hang out in the East Coast Islands like Tioman and Redang...





Definitely will check out Langkawi next time I am home !!





Thanks Daniel..

No comments:

Post a Comment