Thursday, April 19, 2012

Street food - how late?

Just a quick one - I have done a quick search but can%26#39;t see an answer.

We%26#39;ll probably be in our hotel before 23:00. Are there any places to go at that time for interesting street food or is that rather too late? We%26#39;re staying near the Bukit Nanas station.

Street food - how late?

Bukit Bintang - Jln Alor is 24/7 with a good selection of eating places.

Street food - how late?

Thanks. That sounds like where we%26#39;ll head, then. All being well we%26#39;ll be checked in exactly one month from .... now!


Which hotel are you staying?


Hey chris, you don%26#39;t have to walk far from your Concorde htoel for street food. I remember lots of small hawker stalls at the back of your hotel (take the back exit) and they were also open till pretty late. Not sure what the road is called; maybe maic can help?


Lorong Perak or Perak Lane. Mostly Indian Muslim or ';Mamak'; stalls. Usually frequented by the patrons of Hard Rock Cafe and the other nearby bars, clubs in Jalan P.Ramlee for their late night supper.


Thank you Jadamros! chris; that%26#39;s where I go for fried noodles when my sugar levels are low after a few rounds at the clubs! The food is not bad, as far as I remember;


Thanks all. Great information and much appreciated. We%26#39;ll have too little time in KL, but it%26#39;s not exactly a top spot for wildlife, which is our main reason for visiting Malaysia. This sort of info is what will help us get the best out of our stay.

Now I don%26#39;t suppose any of you know where I might find a wild Masked Finfoot? :)


I%26#39;m not patient enough for bird-watching :P but someone did spot this bird of yours at the FRIM Kepong:

travellingbirder.com/tripreports/…

Its not too far from KL City (round 20km); and I am sure more birds prefer to live there than to in Bukit Nanas, you can call them for more infor:

tourismmalaysia.gov.my/en/…

their offical website is www.frim.gov.my

hope you find your little friends! You could also go to taman Negara for more sightings; they have daily buses from KL to Taman Negara.


Good trip report, that, GT. I printed it out the day we booked the flights. I like the idea of the Impressed Tortoise. I wonder if it ever gets together with that other SE Asian speciality, the Neglected Nuthatch.

Bukit Nanas is slightly self-indulgent. I can%26#39;t stand the thought of visiting a new part of the globe and NOT doing some birding straight away. Little pockets of habitat like this can be surprisingly good. My guess is that we%26#39;ll find 10-20 species that we won%26#39;t have seen before. I%26#39;m hoping to get 120+ new species for the whole trip to get me over the arbitrary 1500 mark for my whole life. We%26#39;re spending lots of time at Taman Negara, and Bukit Fraser and Kuala Selangor to get some important habitats under our belt.

Patience and birding? It%26#39;s a high adrenaline activity! ;-) I used to tell people that I%26#39;d been at gunpoint twice whilst engaged in birdwatching activities until I realised it was actually three times. Believe it or not, I%26#39;m not that anxious to get shot at, though.


I tried to find a link to a pic of the Neglected Nuthatch but predictably there don%26#39;t seem to be any :)

  • dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment