Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Borneo Dream

Has anyone had experience with the diving company Borneo Dream? www.borneodream.com

I can%26#39;t find any reviews on them here or on thorntree. I%26#39;m looking to arrange one or two scuba day trips in Sabah. Recommendations welcome!

Borneo Dream

Sorry never heard of them.

They are not listed by Sabah Tourism as a licensed operator.

See

www.sabahtourism.com/v1/directory.php…

Borneo Dream

On their site, it says:

Borneo Dream Travel %26amp; Tours Sdn Bhd - Company Reg. No. 788821-K

Licensed Malaysian Inbound Tour Operator KPL/LN 547

The list on your link says it is current as of October 2007. I think the company may be new since then- that%26#39;s almost 9 months ago! I guess I could contact the Sabah Tourist Board to confirm...


Hi there,

I would recommend BorneoDream.

I%26#39;m a UK expat living in Kota Kinabalu and I chose to learn to dive recently with BorneoDream (www.borneodream.com) here in KK and have used them several times since then. They are quite a new operation here in KK with a brand new motor catamaran and all new Mares diving equipment. You get alot for your money when compared to other local dive operators.

They are very extremely friendly, professional and I would recommend them for a good dive experience.

Let me know if you have any further questions

Paul


Hi,

I have dived with Borneo Dream this year. They are a new Dive Operator in Kota Kinabalu. I dived TARP Marine Park and Pulau Tiga with them and had a few days good diving. Their catamaran boat is really comfortable and spacious. Worth trying out.


Hi,

I have dived with Borneo Dream last weekend (July-26 to July-28).

Nice boat, small groups, relaxed atmosphere … with a touch of English wit. I enjoyed every bit of my trip. Overall good value for your money.

Regards,

Bert

a Belgian from Nagoya


Hi

I%26#39;ve just finished an my advanced open water diving course, and a nitrox speciality course (which i din%26#39;t plan to do!) with this company, i can put my hand on my heart and say that this company is freakin A* grade.

Very professional company, with standards that i felt were even higher than PADI regulations. They play it completely safe, so with these guys, u either dive safe or u go dive with someone else.

I saw some of the other dive companies whilst i was out there, and they didn%26#39;t look half as organised as Borneo Dream.

Having said that, they are really friendly and helpful. I also got to climb Mt. Kinabalu, (i got a last minute reservation, cos these guys were able to pull some strings for me!!) so for diving or any info on any adventurous activity in borneo, look up these guys!!


Hi thanks for the great review as i am am going to KK soon to hopefully do my DM course it is good to get feedback from others, this forum is awesome !

I contacted Downbelow Dive centre on the recommendation of another thread and got an excellent response and my girlfriend who is going to do her Openwater contacted Borneo Dream who also responded well, we are both looking for a good operator as we are both doing courses.

Our question is are Borneo dream a dive centre or shop as on the PADI website they are only listed as a PADI dive boat (what does this mean ?) and it doesn%26#39;t mention any premises on their website, Downbelow clearly state they have a shop in town and a dive centre on Gaya island in the TAR Park KK they are also listed on the PADI website as a five star dive centre (not that i know what this means but it sounds good ;-) i wish PADI would give a better explanation as to what the status means.

Cheers


You cannot go wrong with %26#39;Divedownbelow%26#39;. What better accolade do people want - can%26#39;t better a 5* PADI. Joanne and Richard are English and extremely professional. Just look at their website. Fantastic!!

Happy Hols!

  • com and interop
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment