Monday, April 16, 2012

Eden Fairway or Sri Sayang?

Hi



We are a family from Australia that will be travelling to Penang in April 09. Wanting apartments style accomodation as we have 6 adults and 2 children.





We are considering the Eden Fairway or the Sri Sayang.



Does anyone have a preference? I have a direct contact of an owner of 2 apartments in Sri Sayang, so they may be better than the general complex.





Eden Fairway or Sri Sayang?


I lived in Sri Sayang for a number of years and would strongly recommend that you rent from a private owner rather than from Centre Management. The apaprtments that are rented by management are not looked after at all, very run down.





You may pay more for rental but at least it would hopefully be better maintained and have nicer fittings etc.







Cheers



Eden Fairway or Sri Sayang?


Hi rustypup1





I have never had the misfortune to stay at the Sri Sayang but my cousin, who is a local, has. The apartment was not well maintained and they tried to put her on a high floor, even though she requested a low floor as she has 3 young children.





Also, the complex is popular with rowdy groups of youngsters (probably because it is cheap) who made a racket in their apartments and around the pool.





We spent 3 weeks at the Eden Fairway in August 08 and it was fabulous. The apartments, location, pool and security were excellent. Very quiet and only wish I was back there now.





The lady I dealt with for booking was also fabulous and nothing was too much touble for her....if you want her details, please feel free to PM me.





Regards





Itik




Rosli and ITEK ITEK





Thankyou both for your replies. I have been steering towards Eden Fairway due to the bad reviews of the Sri Sayang.





I saw a really good review on Sri Sayang and thats what changed my mind.





I suppose you get what you pay for and I am after budget accomodation.




Its a shame about Sri Sayang as it has so much in its favor, an English man took over mananagement some years back and I was excited at the thought of him making changes. Some were made but sadly %26#39;Front Desk%26#39; staff still allow an average of 10-12 people pack in to a 2 bedroom apartment meant for 4 people max.



The people renting arent there to sleep, just party all week-end. I feel that Sri Sayang has one of the most stunning views along Batu Ferringhi, the sunsets are wonderful.





I had a look on the Internet at Eden Fairway and cannot recall this building. I%26#39;m sure I have seen it.





Enjoy your time there




The Eden Fairway is on the road opposite the Golden Sands.





If you walk up the road on the right hand side, about 100 metres, past a row of shops there is the Eden Fairway. On the same road on the left hand side is a mini shopping arcade called Eden Parade which has a KFC.





rustypup, the Eden is IMO not expensive. We had a 3 bed 2 bathroom apartment for 3 weeks at £150/week...not sure what that equates to in Aus$. We had AC in every room and a very useful washing machine, fridge freezer (no extra charge for electric) and satellite TV.




ITIK ITIK



Thats really cheap. Did you get discount for longer stay?





So far I can only find online prices of $20 AU per person per night. Thats still $120 AU per night, which is not expensive.





I will send you a PM for your contact there.



Thanks




Okay now I know the place, I have actualy been into one of the apartments there, some friends rented a place there some time back. Its a shame there are arent more decent apartments for rent in that area.





Cheers




There are lots of 3 bedroom apartments around that area for under AUD100, depending when you come. Look here for more choices, not sure about the quality, but I think they are all around the same standard:



http://www.bjaya.com/holidayhome_penang.html




Hi I stayed at Sri Sayang in a privately owned apartment and it was great. The Eden Fairway units that I looked at were not so well furnished and the complex was rather run down I thought. The upside is that the Fairway units are all three bedroom. Enjoy Penang where ever you stay.




We are holidaying in Penang between 8 - 18th June and are looking for accommodation.





The Eden Fairway sounds good. Would you be able to let us have contact details for the lady you mentioned booking through?





Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment