Friday, April 13, 2012

Hotel Help

Hi,





I have been reading mixed reviews about hotels and so very confused. I am looking for rooms that would cost around 200 RM per night. Can you please suggest some decent hotel/guest house on the beach or just a minute away from beach. I am traveling with a 10 month old infant and thus want a clean nice hotel with basic amenities.





Thanks,



Jasmine



Hotel Help


Dear Jasmine,



I would highly recommend Beach Garden for you. The location is great, right on the beach, plenty of restaurants closed by and - as you have a toddler with you - they have a small pool.



Next option would be Sunset Beach Resort and Pondok Keladi.



But as I have said, I think Beach Garden would be just perfect.



Eva



Hotel Help


Federal Villa too can be a good option for that price Jasmine.




How is Awana Porto Malai compare to Beach Garden Resort or Sunset Beach Resort?





What would be the key selling point for each of them?




Dear ???



Awana Resort has no pool, no beach and is a bit remote. No restaurants in walking distance but the view is unbeatable. I sometimes go there for a coffee to enjoy it.



Eva




Eva,



Awana has a pool now...




Oh really? I will go and have a look when I go next time. I normally just stay outside to enjoy the view. Thanks, Baskie for updating me.



Eva




Hello Everyone,





Beach Garden and Sunset Hotel are fully booked for the period of 9th to 11th April. How about Langasuka Hotel - its very moderately priced. Which one is better - Federal Villa or Langasuka.





Also how is Mutiara Burau Hotel. We are 3 adults and 1 infant. We can either book 2 rooms in a moderately priced hotel or book 1 room with xtra bed in a more luxurious hotel. So please give suggestions.





Basically we need a beachfront resort/hotel with nearby restaurants/attractiions.





Thankz,



Jasmine




Dear Jasmin,



I am not so fond of the Langkasuka Hotel, the location is not that great but I am not very familiar with it, I admit.



Mutiara Burau Bay is also a bit remote but could be a good alternative, the beach is lovely. If you can make a comprise for the beach, check out Bougainvillea. The houses are really cheap, nicely furnished and only 5 min. away from the beach.



Frangipani could also be an option.



Eva




hi..



i havent been to langkawi but i will be there next week.



me too im getting mad about hotel choice.



ive read ';here and there'; about hotels opinions (agoda, booking, tripadvisor and other sites) and



it seems that, excluding the top ones (datai, andaman, four seasons and tanjung rhu), i think you



should consider, like i did, meritus pelangi: lots



of positive feedback.



other ones i considered are temple tree (next and same owner as bon ton).



for all the others, i saw terrific picutres about bathrooms, or read about too many insects in the rooms, or ';ugly'; beach access.. or old fornitures, etc etc.





No comments:

Post a Comment