Thursday, March 29, 2012

BBQ lunch at Manukan Island

Hi All,

I will be going to Manukan Island on my KK trip on 4-Apr with my extnded family of 7pax. Is it possible to just come to the restaurant and order the BBQ lunch or is it pre booked by the tour agencies?. I%26#39;m going to Manukan by myself with my family. Not signing up with any agents.

Cheers

mas17

BBQ lunch at Manukan Island

I know if you go from the Sutera Harbour marina, you can just rock up at one of the ferry operators there and buy the BBQ lunch with your transfer ticket - which you don%26#39;t have to book.

I seem to remember being able to walk-in and buy the BBQ on the island itself, but I%26#39;m not 100% sure. There are other restaurant options aside from the BBQ lunch too.

BBQ lunch at Manukan Island

Hi eastofwest,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand going to Manukan from Sutera is much expansive than Jesselton right?.

From your reply, there are actually more food establishment in Manukan?. I tot the only food establishment are under the resort there. Anyways, then its good news.

I will be driving around the city myself as i have rented a van. Hows the traffic condition there. Is it the same at West malaysia states where i%26#39;m used too?


Hi Mas - yes, Sutera%26#39;s option is more expensive, by about RM10 - RM15. Up side is it runs on a regular schedule, as opposed to Jessleton%26#39;s wait-until-it%26#39;s-full method.

The BBQ and the main restaurant is run by SSL yes, but as much for the day-trippers as it is for the free-standing accommodation units that is a part of the whole.

There is another little shop there that sells local food, buffet style from the side of their shop.

Traffic - my pet peeve. Accept the fact that there are many more drivers in KK than there are driver%26#39;s licenses, drive defensively and you%26#39;ll be just fine :)

  • delegates
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment