Thursday, March 29, 2012

How far is it between Bukit Bintang & Petaling St?

We%26#39;re coming in on a cruise and wanted to go to both in the few hours we have there...how far apart are they?





Thanks!





Sarah



How far is it between Bukit Bintang %26amp; Petaling St?


Its just 5-6 KM from both side..taxi just 10-15 minutes..



How far is it between Bukit Bintang %26amp; Petaling St?


Between 2 -3 KM depending on which part of Jalan Bukit Bintang you are standing along. The fastest way to get between these two points is the train. Avoid the cabs if you don%26#39;t want to be stuck for hours along Jalan Bukit Bintang. Take the train from monorail Bukit Bintang (next to Sungei Wang Plaza) to Maharajalela and just walk to Petaling street. Here is a monorail map:



http://www.malaxi.com/Map_transit.htm





and here is a printable walking map of KL in pdf format for your convenience:



tourism.gov.my/corporate/images/Maps%20of%20鈥?/a>





Hope it helps!




yokuzana, may I ask how you can get from Jalan Bukit Bintang to Jalan Petaling in 10 mins? Did you take a taxi in the middle of the night? From my experience usually - it took me 15 minutes easily to look for a taxi wiling to travel on a meter; not to mention another 15 minutes to get between the Pavilion to Berjaya times square (a distance of a few hundred meters). When I stayed at the Westin; I told my friend to drop me off at the Prince hotel so I could walk to the Westin as soon as possible. My friend came 20 minutes after me although he had a car...




I had actually walk from KL Plaza to Petaling Street within 10 mins. BUT, its only for me because I did brisk walking at fast pace. For normal walking pace, I reckon 25-30min walks. Its not that far if you don%26#39;t mind. In fact, at the junction of BB just outside Lot 1, do watchout for signboard on poles, you will find the direction to PS. However, best is get yourself a map and know the general direction.





In fact, my 1st trip there on taxi, my return fare on metered taxi was RM2.80... SHOCK me..that was in 2006




HI



Its a good 20min walk depending on what part of Burkit Bintang you start from. Taxi will depend on the time of day, could be 10mins, could be 30. Or you could get on the monorail at BB to Merdeka station (3-5mins) and then 5-10min walk.





Have fun.




Fantastic, thank you all for that! I wasn%26#39;t sure if I could do them both, but I%26#39;ll give it a go!





Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment