Sunday, March 25, 2012

westin or pelangi?

hi all



hubby are i are looking to book a week at the westin or pelangi at the end of May after a few days in KL.



I cant decide between these hotels.



We are both 30, looking for modern luxury accomodation, relaxing surroundings but close to restaurants and bars. We like our rooms to be nice with luxury showers etc.



the westin is coming up at 拢793 for 7 nights no breakfast. 拢13 each per day for brekkie.



the pelangi is around 拢600 for 7 nights inc breakfast.





my research has shown that pelangi is closer to the action and the hotel looks lovely and is cheaper.





but the westin looks amazing.



is it worth payin the extra?





your help is much appreciated



westin or pelangi?


Westin has better rooms and view (deluxe rooms have no view though), while Pelangi has better beach and easier access to restaurants.





My preference is the Westin, but many on this forum will tell you Pelangi and Casa Del Mar are the best resorts in the world. And ';beware'; of posters with ';commercial'; interests on the island ....



westin or pelangi?


Hi



agree with what SP says. I would prefer the Pelangi [or Casa del Mar] for the reasons stated by SP, near to a choice of restaurants etc.





(no commercial interest from me, just my own very personal perference as to what I want from my holiday)





Only you can decide if it is worth the extra.





have a great one.




Hi



Both hotels are very good so I would suggest either tossing a coin or split your break between the two.



Whichever you choose it will be a good choice.



By the way my favourite is the Berjaya.



Mick




thanks for your replies will mull it over with hubby




i am also confused between pelangi and westin





they must have some differences. which is considered more upscale or has better interiorand rooms and views and is moe luxurious?





i know pelangi is closer to resturaunts. how far is westin from the local resturaunts?



also which one has better breakfast buffet ?



also people say that pelangi is better for kids, can you please explain what facilities make it better than other for kids.





Thanks a lot for the help. I need to get my booking done soon.




Here is my personal point of view about Westin versus Pelangi:



Westin:



The rooms are nice, the beach villas are really beautiful but they could be anywhere in the world. I do not feel that I am in Malaysia. The beach is poor as they have erosion. You walk on rocks and roots. At low tide you can not go for a swim. Swell from the ferries. Sunset can only be seen if your room points to the west or if you walk the jetty. Only option for another restaurant in walking distance is the Royal Langkawi Yacht Club. Nice for a sundowner. Kuah for most tourists is not worth it. A few nice local restaurants though. In the garden you can walk without finding a single blossoming flower. The owner likes the minimalistic style and - to my opinion, he succeded! Nothing around and the flower decorations in the main lobby or the toilets are, well, are there flowers? ... I don%26#39;t remember...



Best thing about the Westin is the fabulous view and the staff! Breakfast bufett is great.





Pelangi: Location on a nice beach, great view, sunset included. Beautiful hugh garden with bougainvilleas, ponds, ducks and so on. I love a stroll over there.



The lobby is very classy, the staff friendly but sometimes a bit of amateur but charming.



The architecture is kampung style, very nice to me, but some rooms and especially the bathrooms, need a renovation! In walking distance a lot of options to go out. That safes money.



Best cheese cake on the island.



Hope this helps to make up your mind!



Eva



P.S.



I make business with both of them!



Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment