Thursday, March 29, 2012

car hire in Sandakan

My family are trying to book a hire car in August for our stay at Sepilok. We have a child with special needs and therefore find organised tours very stressful and restricting. Unfortunately, after 3 weeks of trying, I haven%26#39;t yet managed to secure a car. There don%26#39;t appear to be any at Sandakan airport.





Has any one managed to hire a car near Sandakan? If so, was it easy enough to get to Sakau and the probiscus monkey sanctuary?



car hire in Sandakan


Maybe you could try contact Sabah Hotel in arranging the car for you. There isn%26#39;t any at the airport as far as I%26#39;m concern. I never been to Sukau, but I had been to Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary. You need a 4 wheels drive type of car in order to go there.





Good luck.



car hire in Sandakan


Many thanks for taking the time to help but unfortunately I have already tried Sabah hotel and they sent me elsewhere. I have not had a reply from my subsequent emails.




Do you have the contact number of the person or company? Maybe I could try to help you talk to them or see what other alternatives. No promises but I will try to help out.




Hello



I wouldn%26#39;t worry to much i am sure you will get it sorted soon !



I have never rented in Sandakan before but if all else fails i know that you can rent in KK and they just charge a pickup and drop off fee.



If you choose that option then there is lots of availability in KK so no need to pre book.



Richard




Hi,



We plan to go Sandakan on August 18th. I have a Rent a Car # +60 16 8044389.





Hope this help.





Thanks and regards.




Hi there





Many thanks for the telephone number for car hire. We found a car eventually at the airport. Your number may be the same, I will check. it seems very expensive.





hope you have a great visit to Sandakan.





Cambridge Mum




I get this number from Airasia magazine, the daily rent range from RM 100-300.




My family have now been to Sandakan and enjoyed all the local sites in our hire car. It was a 4WD, which was necessary for some roads (especially the one to Labuk Bay monkey sanctuary).





The car came from MB Permai Tours based at the airport in Sandakan. They do not have email so you have to call 016-8044389. They will send you a contract of sorts in advance if necessary. We were asked to pay with cash when picking up the car (they delivered it to a hotel in Sandakan on our request.





As you would expect in Borneo, the car had a few faults and was underpowered. There was rubbish in the side pockets. We soon discovered that the traffic moves very slowly in this area therefore the lack of power was no problem. We actually grew quite attached to it. We had a contact number to call in case of emergency but didn%26#39;t need it. Petrol is cheap.





A very nice family run this business and I would use them again. So long as you don%26#39;t expect an emaculate car, you wouldn%26#39;t be disappointed.




Hello everyone...this is from MB Permai Tours Sdn Bhd...



Thank you for your Support



for any reservations or booking, please kindly contact to mdm Dayang Aisah at this number:



+06 019 801 4795 , +06 013 872 6818 or +06 804 4389





Thank you.



MB Permai Tours Sdn Bhd.



Rent A car Services




I too have been searching for a rental care out of Sandakan airport - non existent till reading your review - thanks. Only need a small car - do they have more than the one for rent - also how much did u pay per day for yours? Did u need the 4WD to get to Sepilok or just to Labau monkeys?

No comments:

Post a Comment