Thursday, March 29, 2012

Confusing weather

When is rainy season and dry season? I keep reading different things!



Confusing weather


I think that rainy season really starts in April %26amp; finishes around November.



January, when we go is definitely dry season, but I think that you will have a great time whatever the weather.



Just take an umbrella, wellie boots, a waterproof coat etc etc.



That way its sure not to rain! LOL



One advantage of going in the rainy season is that there will be water in the many beautiful waterfalls.





Mick



Confusing weather


@ Manicmick, you ain%26#39;t half takin old LOVEGRENADA for a bit of a rumun%26#39;, they wunt be want%26#39;n%26#39; to take them there old wellie boots to that there bloomy bootiful Langkawi, %26#39;as%26#39;s a bit of an oover statmen in it, we be need%26#39;n%26#39; here in good old norfolk, hey?









November to March are the driest, and August and September are usually the wettest. But, being on the equator you could see rain / thunderstorm at anytime, when it will rain for an hour or three then stop.





Wellies are optional!






You see what I mean! Even here, there are different ideas as to when the rainy season is! Don%26#39;t get me wrong - I can cope with a heavy downpour of rain every now and then... after all I have always lived here in London, UK.... and used to freezing and being rained on... but I want to escape heavy constant rain! And I will not be taking wellies or a mac! Saving that for my next trip to Norfolk!




One of the experts will correct me if I%26#39;m wrong but I%26#39;m pretty sure it depends on which part of Malaysia you are in (East Coast/West Coast/Borneo) to which months encompass the wet season? Is this right?? Could be why there are so many conflicting responses.




Spot on Veejay.



I think that us Norfolk folk also agreed that November to March is the driest time in Langakwi.





Malaysian weather is controlled by 2 monsoon periods.





North-east monsoon [November to March]which impacts on the east of Malaysia at different times during that 5 month period as the requirments of land-sea temperature differences move across the south china sea (Borneo / Sabah / Sarawak, east coast islands, Kuantan, Kuala Terreangu). The areas on the west of the peninisular tend to be drier during this time.





South-west monsoon {May to Septemer]which impacts on the east of Malaysia at different times during that 5 month (Penang, Langakwi, Pangkor etc). Again different parts will get wetter periods at different times due to the land-sea temperature differences.





The northeast monsoon usually brings lots of rain, whilst the southwest is not known for as much rain.





Having said that you will probaly turn up in the wet season and not see a drop of rain or even a cloud in the sky. It is the tropics afterall.





The monsoon is only an indication of the time that rain is more likely to fall, not a guarantee it will or won%26#39;t.





Go to Langkawi from November to March, and see the sun (but if it rains for an hur or two, hey!)







PS, Norfolk is statisticly one of the dries counties in the UK, but we just like wearing wellies and macs for fun!




Think I%26#39;ll move up yo Norfolf then...not to wear my mac and wellies, but to escape the rain!



Maybe I should go East then... in Malaysia, I mean. Though it%26#39;s true, wherever, you just never can tell! Thank you for your thoughts though.




Apologies, I did mean NORFOLK, of course!




Suggest you read my review of Tanjung Rhu Resort posted a week ago. Rainy season started early this year - 22 Feb - like everywhere in the world, weather patterns are unpredictable now. Case of chancing your luck. One thing is for sure, when it rains in Langkawi it becomes extremely humid. Tanjung Rhu provides umbrellas in all its rooms and we certainly put them to good use. However things can change and April could be drier.

No comments:

Post a Comment