Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mulu Park: Sharing a guide on April 12, 2009

A few of us are planning a day hike in Mulu to include 2 caves and Garden of Eden. Anyone wants to share guide, boat charge, etc?



Mulu Park: Sharing a guide on April 12, 2009


You don%26#39;t really need a guide as the paths are easy to follow - mostly made of wood %26amp; concrete.





Arrange a boat with the park office for drop off %26amp; pick up.



Mulu Park: Sharing a guide on April 12, 2009


Thanks. From the park website I thought a guide is needed everywhere within the park. If trails are marked, and having done hikes in Sabah %26amp; Sarawak half a dozen times, we%26#39;d like to do it on our own.




Have a look at this thread for my thoughts about Mulu NP





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303998-i9414-k262…




Hi esorlegin, I read the post. Thanks for sharing. I share your same enjoyment of Bako, and I like Kuching too. Niah Cave was a great adventure for me. As to Mulu, I%26#39;m prepared to be under-whelmed, and I heed your advice. I really want to do some hiking only. The caves are a bonus, while my wife will try and enjoy herself at RMR, hopefully.





Did you do the 6.5k to Clearwater Cave via Moonmilk %26amp; Wind Caves without a guide? Are the trails marked? I%26#39;m keen to try it. I only have 1 1/2 days in Mulu. Not enough time for the pinnacles. Maybe next time.





Thanks again.




Hi





we did all our walks n treks without a guide (except the night walk - see my post !!!!).





Trails are clearly marked. Don%26#39;t go if it is heavy rain or a Thunder Storm as branches often fall off trees.





Take lots of h2o.





You might wish to arrange a boat back from the Cleawater %26#39;dock%26#39; as a repete of the 1000 or so steps is not an attractive prospect. You may be



able to get a ride (paid for) with one of the boats returning to RMR or the park HQ. This is what we did.





ENJOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment