Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pangkor Laut resort; will the monkeys steal my belongings???

Hi





I will be visiting Pangkor Laut in late March for 10 nights. I am looking forward to experiencing the wildlife along with their natural habitat. However, I am a little concerned having read that the monkey population can acutally open the doors of the accommodation!





Does anyone have any experience of this and apart from the obvious (like keeping your door locked!) is there any advice that others who have visited Pangkor can offer. I%26#39;m not nervous, just want to make sure the monkeys don%26#39;t run off with my bikinis!



Pangkor Laut resort; will the monkeys steal my belongings???


Hi



I think you have answered it yourself. Lock things up, don%26#39;t leave things on the balcony / patio and don%26#39;t allow them access in the first place.





We have had experiances elsewhere in Malaysia, and just didn%26#39;t leave doors open or unlocked, and allow the little cheeky monkeys a chance.





have fun with your bikinis!



Pangkor Laut resort; will the monkeys steal my belongings???


Yes, I guess it is obvious! I get a feeling that I am bound to lose something inadvertantly :)





Not to worry, I hope they will give me some great photo opportunities. Thanks for your time however!




The photos will be endless!! Lets hope the bikinis fit the monkeys!!




Ok, having experiences with monkeys as pets - they don%26#39;t usually steal anything but food. They aren%26#39;t exactly stupid, nor are they so hi-tech as to break into the rooms from outside where there is no latch. If you leave food around and the balcony doors/windows UNLOCKED, then they will come in to steal your food/drinks (they like canned fizzy drinks).



If you DID NOt lock the windows when you went out and you find the minibar and fridge raided when you come home and all the food and drinks are gone- its most probably the monkeys.





If you did lock everything up and your air-tickets/cash get stolen, it ain%26#39;t the monkeys either.





If you did however lock and latched up all your windows from INSIDE and you come back and see that your bras/bikinis/underwear are missing - there might be a peeping tom or perverse running around - but definitely not monkeys, cause they ain%26#39;t interested in underpants.




The monitor lizards like bikinis though. There was a lady who took off the top bikini to lay in the sun and she left the top on the sand. A little lizard crawled right under for some shelter from the heat, and the lady basically screamed her head off when it crawled out from her back.




Hmmmm...





Some interesting responses! This is obviously an amusing thread but the question was asked in earnest. I now have a clear idea of what I should do to make sure that I do not give those rascals any opportunity to amuse themselves at my expense! If I do catch any of them trying on my clothes I%26#39;ll be sure to post the culprit here to name and shame. Watch this space for the incriminating evidence.....




Crossdressing monkey? Or a monkey with multiple personality disorder?




Now that would be fun!





Valuables in the safe, don%26#39;t leave anything about, and keep the doors shut and locked.




Monkeys are smart learners and realize that being topless in a Muslim country is not appreciatrd hence the saga of missing bikini tops in Pangkor.




Thanks Mowman. That was my major concern. But now that I have an idea of what to expect, I can take the necessary precautions. That%26#39;s it from me, but I will update with photos and a review on my return. Glad it made a few people smile for a time!





Solarsid :)


  • blackheads eraser
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment