Saturday, April 21, 2012

Best way to get from Singapore to Tioman?

Hi All,





I have been reading quite some bad things about Berjaya Air and I am looking at the most hassle-free transport from Singapore to Tioman. Can you actually pre-book flights from Singapore to Tioman while being in the UK?





What do you consider the most stress-free way to get to Tioman, preferably without needing to spend an entire day getting from one place to another?





Many thanks in advance,



Kind regards,





Greg



Best way to get from Singapore to Tioman?


Have a look at the official website - tells you the options





http://www.tioman.com.my/



Best way to get from Singapore to Tioman?


I didn%26#39;t think and remember there are any other options from Singapore... I wish there were (but I could be wrong). I%26#39;ve read on here some where... to go to www.asiatravel.com, and there is a site to prebook from the UK. Going to Berjaya%26#39;s actual site is ridiculous re: booking.





Good Luck and have fun!!




We did a 3 day/2 night tour to Tioman Island from Singapore through Discovery Tours in Singapore. I tried doing this on my own but found dealing with Berjaya Air very frustrating - I called a couple of times but it didn%26#39;t help. Discovery booked the flight to Tioman(was fine but an hour delayed) for us and we opted to take their bus back so we could see some of the countryside(took about 5 hours). They only book into Berjaya Resort and Paya Beach Resort(this is where we stayed). Discovery had our tickets and tour package waiting for us at our accommodation when we arrived in Singapore. You might be able to have them just arrange your travel. E-mail was not quickly answered but service was efficient. Hope this helps.




Hi!





Me and my boyfriend are heading to Tioman in mid March. I just sent email to Berjaya (reserve@berjaya-air.com) and requested if it is possible to book by email (we%26#39;re in Finland). I got answered the same day, and what I understood from the brief message was that the booking can be done, just need to send your destination, flight date(s), and passenger%26#39;s name and gender. After this they%26#39;ll send you some payment form - no idea how the payment can be done.





I%26#39;ve understood that the other option from Singapore is taking a bus to Mersing, after which taking a ferry. But none of the websites actually inform you about the schedules. And if the bus happens to be late, you might end up missing the ferry and get stuck in Mersing...





Even though we%26#39;re not that comfortable travelling with Berjaya, I think that%26#39;s the best option if you don%26#39;t want to miss one day for travelling.




Hi Greg





We went to Tioman island in September 08 and we used Berjaya Air. I booked our tickets via Travelmood ( we had tickets to Bali with them in the same too).



I know that on Berjaya Air website it stated that only 10 kilos is allowed (after I emailed them to confirm this I got reply that it includes hand luggage and suitcase together). On plane ticket that I got from Travelmood was 20 kilos allowed. The flight was not that bad. The planes are old but I would use them again.




I have booked and paid for our flights with Berjaya Air from KL to Tioman in August. I filled in the booking request form on their website and got a reply the next day asking me to fill in the payment form, which I did. I then scanned a completed copy back to them by e-mail and the money came out of my account a couple of days earlier. Up until this stage it was all prety easy, but unfortunately I havent received my E-ticket for the flights even though I have sent them a few further e-mails. I have until August to get the tickets but I%26#39;m having horrible thoughts that I%26#39;m going to have to try and find the ticket office when I%26#39;m in Malaysia




G-Money-Luv, I kinda thought that was the reason airlines turn to e-tickets? To save paper and costs..though I am not sure how Berjaya Air E-ticket system is; but on all the other airlines I%26#39;ve flown with - I pay with my credit card online/phone/agent; when I get to the airport for check-in, I show the lady at the counter my passport and credit card used for the booked and I check-in. But if you are really not sure; e-mail them to request for a ';Confirmation'; that you are booked on that flight and paid for it. If they still don%26#39;t reply, head to their office in KL at Berjaya Times Square. Hope it helps!




That%26#39;s the usual way to do it, but on the bottom of the e-mail that they sent me requesting payment it stated ';Credit Card Payment. You may fill up Credit Card Authorisation Form attached. E-ticket will be



issued and e-mailed to you as soon as payment received.';





I do have my booking reference and hopefully this will be enough - I will send them yet another e-mail and take it from there!




Hi Greg





we got our tickets around a week before departure and it looked more like a copy of printed plane ticket. But again, we had it booked via Travelmood. If you have confirmation, I am sure that everything will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment