Monday, April 23, 2012

Help Please?!

Hello everyone,





I%26#39;ll be visiting Singapore next week but haven%26#39;t decided yet if I should also visit KUL or JB becuase I only have time for one day and one night there. I do desperately want to visit either KUL or JB but I was wondering if anyone knew how long it would take AND approximately how much a taxi ride from Singapore to JB would cost? Or how long and how much a train ride to KUL would be? That%26#39;ll really help me decide. If I had to pick between cost efficient or time efficient, I%26#39;d chose time, but is a taxi in fact the most cost efficient and/or time efficient way to go to JB from Singapore? Are there many street markets in JB? Is it easy to get around in JB by foot...public transportations..etc? Also, I%26#39;ll be traveling alone and was wondering if there are any places I should avoid as a single female traveler? Any other helpful information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks alot!





Help Please?!


How you doing mate.





Firstly if you have the time do KL.





Now I love JB and spend a lot of time there but the truth is KL has much more offer.



And you get to see the towers which is quite fantastic.





If time is an issue then it will take about 90mins from the centre of Singapore or Changi to JB by taxi and should be about 140MYR SO ABOUT 40 usd, STAY AT THE Zon it a duty free complex with a number of good bars.You simply cant get around JB on foot but local taxis are pretty cheap.Being female and alone in Malaysia should be ok but do dress in a modest style if visiting any royal palace or shrines.





I have never got the train down from KL but I would guess its going to be 5 hours to Singapore



Help Please?!


Hi FrequentFlyer_CY,





It all depend on human traffic and vehicles traffic condition to do the crossing only(wood land to JB)%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;45 minutes to 2 hours







goto this link for Singapore to JB





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298278-i9406-k245…





Cheers




Thank you guys for the info. Now, could you recommend a hotel? Something decent, but clean for sure, and no more than USD$100 since I%26#39;ll just be staying one night. Are there street markets and what other things could I do in JB. Thanks!




Hi,





You are very limited in the choice of hotels.





Go for the Mutiara or the Zon you should get B/B for less $100 USD. I pay $60 in the Mutiara.





The Zon is in a duty free zone with a few bars.



But then if you are on your own.





Their are some night markets but they are very local and not what you might expect ie Temple Street HK.





The Mutiara is next door to the Holiday Plazza which is a low cost shopping centre with pretty much everything you would find at a street market.





If I was to decide It would be the Mutiara.




Mutiara will be better as much convenient in term of shopping and eating. Zon will be only inside this area but the alcohol will be cheaper since this is tax free zone.




Thank you guys so much! I don%26#39;t drink so that won%26#39;t be a problem! Thanks a bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment