Thursday, April 19, 2012

1 teenage son

Crikey!!





I have been browsing this forum and got as far back as Jan 08 when I happened across someone asking for advice for teenagers in Langkawi. It seems I read this just in time, I had received the quote for the holiday and was about to confirm.





So if there isnt enough for my 13 year old son to do wihout me driving and shelling out casj all day long, where should we go? All inclusive non motorised watersports would be fab any recomendations?





TIA (again)



1 teenage son


Hi



You don%26#39;t say where you are staying (hotel and location) which might be useful to give some advice on things to do. But generally not much for the teenagers in Langkwai, especially at the more remote resorts.





The Tanjung Rhu offers an all inclusive deal on food and non-alcohol drink. A few offer half or full board deals. But there is no all inclusive that includes non-motorised watersports.





Pentai Cenang has more to do.



1 teenage son


Doh! We are thinking of the Meritus Pelangi Beach. It seems to have a list as long as your arm, minigolf, sailing, fishing, windsurfing, catamaran. I got the impression that all this was included. Obviously other stuff costs, like the canopy walk etc but from the hotel I picked it because it seemed there was enough to do.





I%26#39;m all in a quandry now. Last year we went to a small place outside Chaweng and it was too small with not enough to do for DS.





I really want to get this right.




HI



why not PM someone like



tripadvisor.co.uk/members-forums/FrancoisSig…



as I know he is something to do with the Pelangi (GM).





All inclusive is not something offered in Malayisa. Whilst kids clubs, video games and table tennis might be free, it is unusual for watersports to be totally free.





There are watersports on the beach provided by the hotel or other agencies, but it%26#39;s all pretty low key.




Dear Starmummy,



the Pelangi would also by my first choice, especially with kids. Apart from the ideas that you already have take a kayak and paddle to Rebak island on the other side.



Sure, the mangroves, the cable car, island hopping incl. Lake of the Pregnant Maiden, hiking, biking etc. How long will you be staying?



Eva




Potentially we would be staying 12 nights. I guess from all accounts thats too long?





Quite honestly I feel that I%26#39;ve lost the will to go on holiday. I didnt think it would be so difficult. Last year we stayed ina lovely place on Koh Samui, just down from Chaweg but it was too quite for DS, no other children I just dont want to get it wrong again this time.




Dear Starmummy





Sorry for intruding into your plan but I think 12 nights in the same place is a bit long for your boy. I have a 14 year old girl; hence I understand your predicament. If cost or mobility is not a factor, have you thought of splitting the 12 nights starting off in a city and then relax in an island (in this instance your choice is Langkawi)?





Those activities recommended by Eva will be able to keep your son occupied for at least a week and you can choose a city destination most probably appeal to his interest. For cities within Malaysia, you can consider Penang or KL. Air Asia and Malaysia Airlines currently has fare promotion and you may be able to get yourself some good bargain.





Don’t give up on planning holiday for your family. It is never easy to plan but the satisfaction that we get from being able to spend time with our children and getting away from the stress we encountered daily in our work commitments make this uphill task worthwhile.




Hi Starmummy





We will be taking our 13 year old son (and his 10 year old sister) to Langkawi for 12 nights....I%26#39;m not too worried about there being enough to do, because they both love swimming and the beach etc. They are on holiday too, so I guess they dont feel the need to have full schedules everyday!





We took them to Samui for 12 days last year (stayed in Lamai), and the year before we went to Koh Lanta during low season - and they enjoyed that too.





We are going in April/May - so if we get back before you go I will let you know how it is for kids.





Robyn




Dear Starmummy,



I really think it is possible to entertain your son for 12 days here on Langkawi. Right in front of the Pelangi are some water sport facilities and the Pelangi itself offers some entertainment and program for kids and teens. A good number of interesting tours around nature can keep him busy. Don%26#39;t give up! Langkawi is really worth a visit!



Eva




Thanks everyone.





It seems like we should be ok then. I thought that all would be fine when I started planning but went into a panic when I say the thread saying nothing to do. Ds doesnt really need a full schedule, he loves swimming and the beach.




Dear Starmummy,



I am really sure that you and your son will have a great time. Please take your time after your holiday and give us a feedback.



Just one more idea that I had today for you: for sure he will have fun to go for the gocart. We have quite a nice area for that closed to the airport. In case he would be alone, ask one of the boys working there to be his mate. I guarantee you this will be really big fun (Not only for a 13 year old boy - I love it myself, give it a try yourself!)



Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment